Scissett Dental Practice is a provider of Invisalign® in Huddersfield, Denby Dale, Skelmanthorpe and Clayton West.
The Invisalign® teeth straitening system starts with your dentist taking digital scans of your teeth. Our digital oral scanner takes extremely accurate measurements.
This advanced technology creates a digital image of what your future smile may look like – so you have an idea of what your teeth could be like following treatment.
Digital scanning also eliminates the need to pack paste in your mouth to take impressions. It’s quicker, cleaner, and it’s far more accurate than traditional impressions. The scans allow your dentist to track the progress of your treatment. From these scans, we create a series of clear aligners which you will wear and swap every 7 to 14 days.
1. Book your FREE INVISALIGN CONSULTATION to see whether Invisalign is the right treatment for you.
2. We take digital photos and scans of your teeth to show you what you can expect the result to look like and track your progress.
3. Once you accept treatment you receive your first aligners. You change your aligners approximately every 7 to 14 days.
4. Periodically you will come back to us to check on your progress.
5. At the end of treatment you will have a beautiful straight smile. You will need to wear retainers to maintain it.
Treatment length will vary depending on your case, but the average treatment time is nine to fifteen months.
Aligners are made of clear, strong medical grade plastic that is virtually invisible when worn.
They look similar to tooth-whitening trays, but are custom-made using digital scanning for a better fit to move teeth.
As long as you want your teeth to remain stable in their new, straight position it is advisable to wear retainers. Not wearing a retainer means there is a risk of relapse of the teeth.